Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Top 5 Macho Men of Rock

I've been meaning to post random Top 5 lists for ages, because I'll often be composing them in my head. I thought I may as well try to do some more blogging by subjecting you to this numerical misery. Enjoy!

Top 5 Macho Men of Rock

5. James Hetfield

The lead singer of Metallica, James would be higher up the list if not for that whole Some Kind of Monster thing, as well as the fact that he appears to be playing an effing banjo in this picture (???). But that said, even after he’s given up the booze and the hard-rocking lifestyle, his still a dude who leave in the middle of recording to go bear hunting. I know I wouldn’t want to mess with him. Oh, and also? He’s a giant.



4. Josh Homme

Hardest rocking ginger. Ever.



3. Henry Rollins

Sure, he doesn’t drink, smoke or do drugs. But that just makes him even stronger. Strong enough to kick your head in if you pissed him off…or at least say mean things about you in his spoken word shows. Henry’s pushing 50, and you can tell he’s feeling a bit self-conscious about it because he’s singing in shirt and pants now, rather than his trademark gym shorts. Surely, ‘tis the passing of an era.



2. Lemmy

It’s amazing that Lemmy is still alive after all the years of self-abuse he’s put himself through. But not as amazing as our next entrant…



1. Iggy Pop

Cutting himself on stage, rolling around in broken bottles, and generally absorbing every form of mind-altering substance known to man. For decades. And he still looks like a python ready to strike. Also, forget the fact that he’s the godfather of punk; he inspired the look of Peter Jackson’s take on Gollum! Pa-chow!

2 comments:

Li-Kim Chuah said...

thanks for this post. it made me miss the butler mix tapes. for some reason the phrase hardest rocking ginger. ever made me laugh - I think i'll make sarah a t-shirt with that on it and also the metallica clip cracked me up too. I don't know why perhaps because he's so hardcore and serious. can i request a top five or something... if i think of a theme?

Steven said...

Glad to be of service! I'll have to make sure to make you a new CD at some stage. It's been long enough, so I should have some new music. Possibly.

Any time you want a specially made Top 5 list, just let me know!